Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lying Around

Well, I had my deherniation yesterday. This latest was a left inguinal hernia (that’s the crotchal area for those of you who can’t be bothered to look it up.) I had the right side done six years ago and I’ve been saving up ever since for a matching set. I haven’t taken anything more potent than Tylenol, as my prescribed meds made me nauseous last go around. I prefer pain to puke. All in all, I’d say this one has gone better. I thought it would be worse because I really had to be opened up this time around as opposed to the laparoscopic dealie before.

Anywho, it’s my back that’s really hurting me now as I have to move, stand and walk differently to favor my front. I can’t even piss properly, standing or sitting because the back pain is agonizing. I’m pissing into a paper cup while lying on my side in bed and then bringing it to the bathroom. Because I’m not psychologically prepared to shit into a paper cup, I have eaten next to nothing since the surgery hoping to put the poo off until I’m in better shape. I think, considering addiction number one (food) on my list of a couple of posts back, that should give you an idea of how painful it is.

I can only improve from here. I spend most of my time in bed with an icepack next to my goodies. I expect to be out of commission for three or four weeks, but I’ll have a better idea when I see my doctor on the thirteenth.

No comments: