Saturday, February 20, 2010

Links To Nice Things

I really should be sleeping right now. I might even post again right after this one.

Welcome to new followers, Wagnerian, Phil and John! The army grows. Wag, you're gonna be pissed, but I didn't even see you sneak in there.

John, that is to say, Follower 14 John, and I were involved in The latest Mind Meld on SF Signal the other day: Which off the air science fiction show deserves a remake? What changes would you make to update it? You can read ours and other answers here: http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2010/02/mind-meld-scifi-tv-shows-that-deserve-a-remake-with-videos/

Thinking about that reminded me that I forgot to link to a guest spot I did on SF Signal last month on R.E.B.E.L.S. So go read that here: http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2010/01/guest-post-matthew-sanborn-smith-on-how-space-opera-meets-superhero-comic-in-rebels/

This week in Sofa-stuff there's an audio version of what I wrote here in my last post, but more importantly, there's an audio version of Paolo Bacigalupi's Nebula-nominated story, The Gambler. This was the first Bacigalupi story I read that didn't make me want to slash my wrists. I don't want you to think I don't like his stuff, because I love it. It's just a bit, shall we say, like an abyss of despair? (I'm very happy that his novel, The Windup Girl is nominated for Best Novel. Awesome book. Go read.)

Aural Delights No 121 Paolo Bacigalupi

Guest Editorial: The Hugo’s and Podcasts by Amy H Sturgis

Main Fiction: The Gambler by Paolo Bacigalupi

Fact Article: A Hugo For StarShipSofa by Matt Sanborn Smith

Narrator: Geoff Michelli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's appropriate time to make a few plans for the longer term and it's
time to be happy. I've learn this publish and if I may I desire to recommend you few fascinating things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles regarding this article. I desire to read even more issues approximately it!

Take a look at my homepage :: studiolinkedvst@gmail.com