Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Writing Update

So, as I said, I finished the beta version of the novel. I'm waiting to hear some feedback on that so I can fix any problems. I've asked my beta readers to get back to me by February 15th. As I'm waiting, I'm tinkering, however, making little improvements to chapters as they occur to me. I hope to have the final version done and off to an editor by March 1st.

I got the latest Mango out late and looked over what needs to be done between now and the end of May. As you may know, I do an episode a day in the month of May. Then there are the regular episodes between now and then, including an April 30th episode, which I don't normally do, but since I still owe you folks an episode for last October 15th, I'm doing one. So, I think I have to produce thirty-eight episodes between now and the end of May. I haven't figured out when I'll record, but if I spend an hour a day on the writing, it'll be no problem. An episode usually takes about three hours to make. Two to write, one to record, edit and post. Those are rough numbers. Maybe I'll record, edit and schedule them as they're finished. That would produce a little over two episodes a week, which would work.

Then there are the short stories. I've got eight-hundred and sixty-two short stories to write in a little over six years and three months. That means a short story every two and a half days. Hmmmm. I'm trying to figure out a system that could make this happen. I'm working on it. If you're curious, the novel will count as a story.

That's it for now. I have some stories to write.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for online
games
Also see my page - http://planetpost.com/